View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #594
White_lightning

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Ok I was mistaken about it having to be a felony to be seized but you can have your car seized for street racing just not a first offense. Like i said my department almost never seizes anything so I stopped paying attention to what I could seize. Either way racing is a class B at minimum. So I was wrong about was we could take from you not what the law for racing is. Seizures are a civil deal that I play no part in so sorry for getting that wrong.
Please don't think that i was trying to antagonize you just having a friendly chat here..

IMO either way they got LUCKY.. It was REALLY cool of the cop to just do Speeding and impeding.

i had the opposite experience with DPS.

2 ppl i know were going to race.. and i was going to follow and watch.

we left our meet spot and cruised on the road for about 10-15 min NEVER going over 60mph trying to find a place for them to go.

we didn't see or pass another car in the whole trip. I was doing 60 in the far left lane, they pulled up on my right to run... right before they took off a cop came out of now where.. lit ME up and pulled ME over.

ticketed me for 82 in a 70 even though (1) i never raced.. (2) i never even broke the speed limit.. He Yelled at me and told me im lucky he didn't write me up for racing and doing over 100 because we pissed him off and he didn't care if i did or DIDNT speed because he would write me what ever ticket he wanted..

He didn't Radar/laser my speed.. and if he paced me he was lying too because from getting ON the road till being pulled over i not ONCE went over 60mph..