View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #125
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I'll add this too. Just because you're on the track doesn't mean you shift and put your foot through the floor and get mad because you spin. Even stock these cars put down 360-380hp to the ground. That isn't chump HP. On the street tires that come on these cars you can't stomp on it.

You have to feel your car. Learn to drive it. LEARN. Not watch fast and furious and think you're a racing god. Driving a car is easy. Driving it right takes work and practice.
This seems to be a pretty good discussion... I have only made two passes ever in an old c10 truck. I have to agree with JD these cars make quite a bit of power from the factory, especially for some kid that is 20 something (like me) that has really never had any racing experience on a track. Sure, some of you guys throw around 800-1000rwhp like it's nothing but most of the guys doing that have a few years on me. I'm not quite ready to track my car yet because I want to have a daily and be financially capable to make repairs once I start breaking stuff. I'm seriously considering buying something less powerful to track just to get a feel for it and get it down. I honestly think this car is too much for me to start off with. Some of you guys have been doing this since the late 70s and 80s when the exact same cars had less than half the power of what is available now. Would you all agree that it's better to start a little smaller for someone with less experience?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote