View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #440
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Dyno'ing with the hood open is advantageous to an open air filter vs. the stock intake. The reason for this comes down to accessibility to a greater area of air. When you close the hood you remove this advantage.

The proper way to dyno and compare them in such a fashion would be in a wind tunnel that simulates the car driving down the road at speed. Not many facilities have this capability.

You bet.

My point with this info is don't get caught up in the hype of dyno numbers and manufacture claims. We have done a lot of testing and have a pretty good idea on what works and what doesn't. Feel free to ask either kdanner or I if you aren't sure about if you should run this part or that.

That said, I make no claims to have all the answers but I will help where I can and share my experiences.
Okay I see what you mean about the hood up or hood down. And as pointless as dyno numbers are and only thing that matters is track times I was just curious as how well the stock box performed. Well hey, thanks for all your info and time. Good information and something I'll considered looking into.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote