View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #44
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Honestly I would put the SS about the ZL1.
Going to make an educated guess and assume you meant Z/28 instead of SS in the above statement.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Its got the LS7, the better brakes, etc. In my opinion the ZL1 wasn't a huge success so they went back to the drawing board and they did what they should have done in the first place. If mustang came back out with the cobra R then I think we would have a better comparison, but I don't see that happening.
This is a very respectable post. I could talk cars with you anytime. You don't preach your opinion as fact, you give your opinion, as do I.

The LS7 is nice and all but the engine in the ZL1 is more powerful. And from a modification standpoint, better, having better internals and built for boost from the factory. People have boosted the LS7 but with the inherent exhaust valve problems and thin cylinder wall spacing, I wouldn't. I just watched a video of Randy Pobst comparing the ZL1 and GT500 and they ranked the ZL1 the winner even though it was a slower car. The reason they picked it above all else, was that it was a consistent car. The GT500 was faster only once around the track they were on until the brakes started fading. But that's getting off topic. My point is that, it seems, in my opinion that the ZL1 was/is fine as it is and didn't seem to need a replacement. But we don't know yet as the full Camaro line-up isn't available yet. So I guess we will see.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote