View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #58
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Ryan, please do not stop drug dealers coming and going from their crack houses any longer. You're entrapping them, you pig.
I can understand the argument from both Ryan and Derek's perspective. Yes we all know it's a law but, for the longest time, there was no slaps on the wrists issued. To an enthusiast, the law is a joke to begin with. So to the demographic of people at the meet that have beautiful and stunning cars and would hate to really butcher up the front end, it does seem like a bit much to actually issue tickets. If anything, to maintain the integrity of the meet and keep the environment safe and balanced, if I were one of the cops, I would have just announced at the exit as people were leaving that "Hey guys I know you all were aware that we were not enforcing front plates but, from now on we are."

Seriously, don't you think that would have made a far better impression on everyone(cops and enthusiasts alike) instead of actually issuing tickets? If I were there and I received a ticket, this would definitely re-enforce the general negativity associated with police. If I were at that meet and was simply given a warning, then I would have a much more respectable opinion about the situation. Did they really think most of those people would show up in their super exotics wearing front plates after years of not having to?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote