View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
DirtyD

Default Ran A S/C Cobalt SS Last Night

On my way back home from doing some datalogging for my recent JPC tune, happened to run into a Cobalt slammed on some RPF1s. First thought of the car was just an all show stance/tuner guy. Jumped on the tollway and after a short time he came up beside me.

First run was ~60-120ish roll (3rd gear for me), ended with about 2-2.5 cars on him, as we had to shut down when we came up on unsuspected traffic.

He pulled up beside me for a second run and asked for a 45 roll, I acknowledged and agreed. I started in 3rd again (had a some issues with 2nd gear 45 rolls earlier). He honked it off, and surprisingly, he didn't jumped the gun. I waited for him to jump before I went. Finally shut it down around 140, after putting about 3 cars on him.

We pulled off and chatted for a few minutes. His car, from his mouth, is stock Eaton blower, built top end, E85, making about 300-320whp/270-280wtq, as he hadn't dynoed it after a few upgrades. Of course those cars weigh 2800-2900 lb. Mods for my car are Jegs cat deletes, JLT CF CAI, GT500 ABs, 3.55s, and JPC tune, and weighs 3790 with me and 3/4 tank of 93, but I had about 1/4 tank for this race.

He says that he "typically" pulls stock 5.0s about 1-1.5 cars, so I was happy with how my car performed. He admitted that my car definitely had a strong top end.

Overall, his car definitely surprised the hell out of me as I wasn't expecting that. Haha. He said that he's a member of Dallas GM Elite, and has seen a few other DFW5.0s around I don't know if he's run anyone from our group.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote