View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
On my way back home from doing some datalogging for my recent JPC tune, happened to run into a Cobalt slammed on some RPF1s. First thought of the car was just an all show stance/tuner guy. Jumped on the tollway and after a short time he came up beside me.

First run was ~60-120ish roll (3rd gear for me), ended with about 2-2.5 cars on him, as we had to shut down when we came up on unsuspected traffic.

He pulled up beside me for a second run and asked for a 45 roll, I acknowledged and agreed. I started in 3rd again (had a some issues with 2nd gear 45 rolls earlier). He honked it off, and surprisingly, he didn't jumped the gun. I waited for him to jump before I went. Finally shut it down around 140, after putting about 3 cars on him.

We pulled off and chatted for a few minutes. His car, from his mouth, is stock Eaton blower, built top end, E85, making about 300-320whp/270-280wtq, as he hadn't dynoed it after a few upgrades. Of course those cars weigh 2800-2900 lb. Mods for my car are Jegs cat deletes, JLT CF CAI, GT500 ABs, 3.55s, and JPC tune, and weighs 3790 with me and 3/4 tank of 93, but I had about 1/4 tank for this race.

He says that he "typically" pulls stock 5.0s about 1-1.5 cars, so I was happy with how my car performed. He admitted that my car definitely had a strong top end.

Overall, his car definitely surprised the hell out of me as I wasn't expecting that. Haha. He said that he's a member of Dallas GM Elite, and has seen a few other DFW5.0s around I don't know if he's run anyone from our group.
Congrats on the kill. Those Cobalts when built right can be pretty wicked. As far as his numbers he stated, seems a little wired. As TheLandShark(Marcus) who I work with had two of them, and last thursday I was talking to one of their members who had a black one, those cars always make more tq than they do horsepower. Kind of wired how his tq was so low. anywho doesn't really matter but yeah I've heard of the group, they normally dont like us mustangs guys is what the other dude told me haha. but the guy i spoke to was a cool.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote