View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #87
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I want a truck for other purposes than strictly having another vehicle to drive. Hauling a dog in a car like this isn't exactly ideal, although I do it, and so does Ryan. But having a truck allows for much easier things to be done, not to mention to take out and have som fun with offroad, which the car definitely can't do.
LOL! Tell me about it. A truck is a MUST have in my opinion. I have two kids with all their stuff (bags/strollers etc) , a wife who shops and a dog. If it wasn't for the truck, our dog would definitely never go anywhere because its not allowed in either of the Stangs. All of that nasty dog hair and smell is not allowed in the Stangs, that's just nasty! All of my gear for training/lesson appointments. On family weekend trips we easily fill up our Explorer (its a 4x4) with all of our bags, suitscases and the kids stuff. Been thinking about getting a Eco-Boost Explorer but considering stepping up to a bigger truck like a Expedition or Suburban/Yukon XL for the more room.

I learned long ago that you shouldn't race your daily driver. It's just too much hassle and stress if you break it or put too much wear and tear on it being your sole source of transportation. If you can't afford a second car, chances are you can't afford your racing habit.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote