View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #88
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
LOL! Tell me about it. A truck is a MUST have in my opinion. I have two kids with all their stuff (bags/strollers etc) , a wife who shops and a dog. If it wasn't for the truck, our dog would definitely never go anywhere because its not allowed in either of the Stangs. All of that nasty dog hair and smell is not allowed in the Stangs, that's just nasty! All of my gear for training/lesson appointments. On family weekend trips we easily fill up our Explorer (its a 4x4) with all of our bags, suitscases and the kids stuff. Been thinking about getting a Eco-Boost Explorer but considering stepping up to a bigger truck like a Expedition or Suburban/Yukon XL for the more room.
There are days where I really miss having my truck. I had originally planned to keep it and the Mustang, but it didn't pan out that way. I typically am able to keep Tucker's hair under control in the car, but when the windows are down, which he loves, all bets are off. Haha

I highly recommend that you wait until the next gen F-150/Expy are announced next year. You will kick yourself now if you get a 5.4 3V Expy. My mom got one. It's great SUV, but if it didn't have the 3.73s that come with the tow package, it would be an absolute dog to drive with the standard 3.31s. Other than that, great car. Don't miss our old E-150 custom at all.

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I learned long ago that you shouldn't race your daily driver. It's just too much hassle and stress if you break it or put too much wear and tear on it being your sole source of transportation. If you can't afford a second car, chances are you can't afford your racing habit.
This is exactly why I've been reluctant to go out to any track days. After seeing Don wreck his car, I really just can't risk that, as much as I would LOVE to go out every weekend and enjoy some 1/4 mile passes.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote