View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
C7s are getting to 60 in the same time as current C6Zs. Sub 4 second range and are in the 11s bone stock on stock tires. I'm not saying the Mustang won't be faster, I'm positive it will. I just don't ever recall a Mustang GT ever being as fast as a base Corvette. The rendering of the car in that 360 view is very attractive though.

-Alex
This is what I was referring to about comparing the Mustang and the Corvette to one another. There is more to performance than just straight line acceleration which is NOT the Corvette's focus but rather all around performance. While the 0-60 might be close, as soon as a turn comes along the Mustang doesn't hold a candle to the Vette handling and top end performance.

The Mustang is a passenger car with a smaller motor, heavier weight, inferior weight distribution in comparison to a purpose built sports car like the Corvette. However, when you compare the Mustang to it's proper competitors like the Camaro and Challenger it dominates in every way. As I said, it's just not a fair comparison.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote