View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #65
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I love my manual (mt-82) and wouldn't have it any other way. To me a muscle car MUST come with a manual transmission its just part of the equation when it comes to owning one. I will never own a car with more than 300hp without a manual transmission. That's just my opinion on what I like, and I think most can agree. I have also been driving manuals since I learned to drive so I am a bit bias.

I would only own an auto in my wife's car (Nissan Altima 4cyl.) or if I was a hard core drag racer. I am not a hard core drag racer and never will be so all my muscle cars no matter how heavily modified will be manuals.

The MT-82 is also NOT a racing transmission at any length. A definite slight short coming with Ford when you look at what the motor is capable of but again if you are not heavily modified and don't beat the shit out of it the MT-82 it is perfect for what the car is as it comes from the factory, which ford intended its use for.

If you complain it won't hold hold up to 700hp, 5500rpm launches, or WOT shifting well no SHIT!

Sounds like the T5 of the 6speeds lol
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote