View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
The motor is far from glass and far from slow. Especially considering the huge horse power leap they made just from the previous year model. I think too the Coyotes have proved to be able to handle a good amount of extra power as well.

The Terminator motor is in a league of its own. I don't even think its comparable to compare the Terminator the the Coyote, rather best to compare the Roadrunner to the Terminator, in that case they are on even planes.
I disagree on the glass part. I don't think anyone hear can say that have full confidence or don't have some kind of apprehensiveness about the stock motors. Too many people have busted a stock or near stock motor to say otherwise.

I'll agree with you this much, the GT makes great power for being an entry level sports car. What is "fast" is a matter of opinion and perspective based on ones previous experience. If you haven't had anything with more power before, then I could see how someone could say they are fast cars. But to those of us who have had faster cars previously and/or been around the scene for awhile know that these cars aren't competitive with the "fast" crowd around North Texas. For anyone with a 5.0 who thinks otherwise, by all means come out to a Friday night meet someone with the DR crew and give it a go. I can assure you that your perspective will change.

As for the topic - I agree with you that it's a more fair comparison of the Roadrunner vs Terminator than it is against the Coyote since the Roadrunner is forged and the Coyote is not.

I like Terminators, I think they are fun as hell to drive with a twinscrew. That being said, compared to the new motors, the Terminators are FAR less efficient needing a LOT of air to make big power.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote