View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #59
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I disagree on the glass part. I don't think anyone hear can say that have full confidence or don't have some kind of apprehensiveness about the stock motors. Too many people have busted a stock or near stock motor to say otherwise.

I'll agree with you this much, the GT makes great power for being an entry level sports car. What is "fast" is a matter of opinion and perspective based on ones previous experience. If you haven't had anything with more power before, then I could see how someone could say they are fast cars. But to those of us who have had faster cars previously and/or been around the scene for awhile know that these cars aren't competitive with the "fast" crowd around North Texas. For anyone with a 5.0 who thinks otherwise, by all means come out to a Friday night meet someone with the DR crew and give it a go. I can assure you that your perspective will change.

As for the topic - I agree with you that it's a more fair comparison of the Roadrunner vs Terminator than it is against the Coyote since the Roadrunner is forged and the Coyote is not.

I like Terminators, I think they are fun as hell to drive with a twinscrew. That being said, compared to the new motors, the Terminators are FAR less efficient needing a LOT of air to make big power.
I think a lot of what we also hear as far as problems with a near stock car comes from forum opinion which is generally garbage. My car is near stock and has 26k miles on it. Runs like a champ, had zero problem with both the engine and tranny (Knocks on wood)

I agree with the perspective thing. But the folks out at Coit are also in their own league of fast. You want slow i'll let you drive my wife's Altima

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote