View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #73
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I'd hardly say I am grilling you. I am just saying your arguments always end comparing two very unlinke cars calling the Mustang a slow turd which I don't think it is. The mustang GT in stock form can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds and 160 ish top speed. Which in the normal public's eye is pretty fast, which IS the market for mustangs. I do not at all think the 5.0 is a end all be all either. I'm saying its great for what it is designed to market with and Ford has really stepped up their game with the Mustang.

Yes grill me all you want on that statement too but when it comes down to it there is always something faster. Are you just going to call everything slow until you are the fastest possible? I'm sure once you own that Vette you will say its a slow POF until you can own a GT-R or a lambo or something....

Also, I did't buy my car to be competitive in the car scene, I couldn't give two shits about it. Most again who buy a Mustang feel the same way. Not everybody who owns a Mustang is a DFW5.0s member. I just like associating with people that enjoy cars of all types.
This is the car scene/hobby. Most here modify their cars to add more power to have fun with, to be competitive etc. This is NOT the general market.

Yes, there is always someone faster because there is always someone willing to spend more. That is true. But that doesn't mean there isn't better options out there for the money, but that doesn't mean isn't a good option either. Whatever suits your needs/wants is what is comes down to. You have no need/want for a "fast" car, or so you say.

"Will I call everything slow until I'm the fastest possible?" Of course not, I just have a solid perspective of what is competitive and fast out there right now. Would a bolt on Z06 win every race out there? Of course not, but it will win a lot more races than it will lose, can't say the same thing about a bolt on Mustang GT. A full bolt-on blown Boss or a KB/Whipple'd 13 gt500 would be better options if one was a diehard brand loyal Ford guy. I'm not, I'm a car guy who loves anything with power and that handles great. I just happen to be a long Mustang guy for awhile now.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote