View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Looks like building a stout NA application would cost more and definitely yield less power, as to be expected. Just funny people think they can slap on a blower, run 8lbs of boost all day and night on a stock bottom end and expect it to be as reliable and cheap as doing the same thing with an strong NA build.

These motors are pretty new. So I don't trust anyone that says, yes you can add 50% horsepower on a stock bottom and and race it all day and expect the stock pistons and rods to be just fine. That's just dumb. Once I see people doing that upwards of 60k plus miles on a blower setup with stock internals, I'll consider it. Until then, it's just a dumb assumption.

-Alex
I'm pretty sure that anyone here that is looking to make good power isn't planning on the stock motor to get them there in the long run. It's pretty much a given at that power level that a motor build is in the plan at some point which is why you see so many people buying blowers that are bigger than the stock motor can handle, but being able to crank up later on a built one. Room to grow so to speak.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote