View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
downtime!

Originally Posted by Bacadiesel View Post
Old school muscle car mopars are my fav. I had a 71 charger 440 727 8-3/4. I really want to find a cheap Hemi cuda. Let me know if you need any help with ur scamp.
Will do man, I'm sure I will too.

Goofy story (Hemi Cuda related) - when I was 18, I was driving a '68 Charger R/T (440, 4 speed, Dana rear). Clean enough car, it started life as a Bright Green car with dark green interior. It ran good and had been a great driver, but, as always, I wanted something different. Found an ad in the Star Telegram (way before the internet, or even Auto Trader) that said 1970 Barracuda, will trade for big block Mopar car. Answered the ad and it turned out to be a true Hemi car in need of much love. Black with a black interior, 4 speed, still had the Dana, it was mostly there, but it barely ran. Of course, I made the trade, not knowing what I was getting into. Turned out I was in WAY over my head, both mechanically and financially. I never really drove the car, but I did manage to sell it for quite a profit (at the time, anyway), getting right at $6000 for her (had about half that in the Charger). The rarest of the rare Cudas, and I actually, albeit briefly, owned one. Still kick myself about that one from time to time!