View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #99
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by SMERF View Post
So you think adding the extra weight doesn't help with muscle growth? Not trying to have a back and forth just tryna figure out the best way to get relatively quick gains. Any tips you got would be cool
Well there's weight that you want and weight that you may not want. You'd really need to assess it on an individual basis. If you are getting the results and looks that you want, then stick to it. That's the key I would advise anyone. No one's physiology is going to be identical to anyone else's. With that said, you can gain weight primarily as muscle or fat. You get stronger adding muscle, obviously, but gaining fat will not increase your strength. Me personally, I don't mind having a little bit of fat because I don't like the super-defined, "cut" look that many guys like to achieve. I do admire Bruce Lee but, would never like for myself to be so fat reduced that you can see each strand muscle fiber lol. I used to be 145lbs, so like you, I did the same thing and took a LOT of mass gainer. It did the job of getting me big, but when I got a size I wanted to I changed over to something with less calories so I could trim down a little fat and continue building muscle.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote