View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default Coolant System Expert?

So I need some ideas as to what problem I'm having. This doesn't have to do with my mustang, it has to do with my volvo but I figured the cooling system is basically the same from car to car. I have replaced the waterpump and thermostat on my 86 volvo 740. There does not appear to be any leaks. The return hose from the thermostat housing gets warm/hot and the waterpump hose gets warm. The system also appears to be getting pressurized. The heater blows cold and the car slowly creeps up in temperature until I wont let it get any hotter and kill the car. What issue could I be having? Should I check the thermostat? The radiator doesn't look original and it looks fairly new. Could it need a system flush? Any ideas as to what it could be would be appreciated.

As an aside I removed the cracked fan shroud until I have time to get another one. Do those things make that big of a difference as far as drawing air into the radiator?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote