View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by ThunderkissGT14 View Post
i wonder if you guys are talking about the same issue i brought up with autonation after about 500 miles on my 14. First and second gear taking off real slow and easy, you get a grinding clunky noise from underneath...sounds kinda like a garbage truck. Took it in and complained about it. jumped in another 14 same 3.55 ratio with 5 miles didn't do it. They got intouch with ford and got a response back that its "gear lash" and common with MT82 and is considered normal by them. So i ask what about the other 14 that doesnt do it?

"well after enough miles it will". pffft.

so for now i either turn up my radio or was told by them to change my driving habits to reduce said noise. and by that they mean rev it higher before releasing clutch and taking off faster everywhere i go. PFfft. fuck that, i baby my car 90% of the time.

still not happy with the apathy though.

and all i can do from here is hope passengers dont notice or ask about my awesome new muscle car making weird noises and that the actual cause of the grinding noise doesn't mean something somewhere isn't jiving like it should and will mean problems down the road for me.
Take it to another stealership. Transmissions are not supposed to sound broken unless they are broken.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote