View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
Boss949

Great price, however if you are running custom tunes then it might be important to consult with your tuner about redoing the tune for the headers. TiVCT (changing the cam timing, etc.)

I'll quote Shaun from AED. (with permission)

I choose headers based on the following:
1. O2 placement
2. Power gains
3. TiVCT schedules I have in my data base. (Every time you change intake or exhaust runner length it becomes necessary to change the cam timing to extract every last bit of HP out of the combination).

He has schedules for Kooks. Not every tuner will have the schedules for all makes and or have the same as another tuner. But I think it's worth the effort to ask your tuner before you purchase.

I've decided recently to add LT and I'm going to wait longer and save up for a Kooks system.

ps. best price and customer service by far is Jason @ Hypermotive
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.

Last edited by Boss949; 01-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Boss949 is offline   Reply With Quote