View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #51
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Anychance it may have been blowby afterall coupled with running rich? That would, to me, explain a little more of the black on the piston, burning oil.

I don't want this to come off bad, but if you have those JLT brake ducts removed, I will gladly buy them to help fund the new motor goodies.

I say go ahead and build it as well. Contact JPC Racing or any of the other big time shops and see what rods and pistons they recommend in their builds.
Haha, I appreciate the willing to help me fund the rebuild by parting out my current car I already started prepping the bank account by scouring my house for spare change and selling off all the stock parts that no one wants to buy for scrap metal. Doesn't seem like much, but stock cats go for $35 a piece (leftovers from my 2013 V6) and change goes along way. 1/5th of the way there buy doing that.

If it were a blowby issue, there would be some oil also on the spark plug right? This is just from my research, but I think some Mustangs in the past that had misfires like this due to blowby would have oil on the spark plug preventing detonation. Pictures will come in time once we tear this puppy down. My only thing is I have to work quickly as I will be heading to NTC in California by the end of this week for a month with no phone. So I basically have to work quickly and hope that ProCharger will work with my shop if they are able to help me.

At this point, it is going to be forged rods and pistons as long as nothing else is damage. Upgrade the oil pump to a billet setup and call it a day. With the power levels I plan on running (no more than really what I have now), this setup with the stock crank will be able to and that safely. Most likely will go with an MMR setup as they have the best prices.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote