View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #135
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'll let you pass me for a day or two since I've been lighter than your for the last decade we've been friends
Haha. Well I'm going to make you work to keep it that way. By June I will be 200lbs even. No more Heavyweight division for me! yay!

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
All joking aside I have to praise my friend Steve and say how proud of him I am. For the last 10 years I've heard him say how he wants to lose weight and he has tried many time before with no success but when I went to the meet Friday night I was shocked. He has lost at least 40lbs and is looking great. I am very proud of you my friend and I am very happy for you and your success this time around.
Thanks bro! As of this morning my total weight loss is 49lbs so far. I'm half way to my goal already! It finally sank in for me that I had to make a change. I don't view it as I'm "dieting" but rather I have changed my lifestyle. I started after Thanksgiving tackling one thing at a time and the first thing for me was quitting those evil sodas. Here I am now, a vegetarian. No sugar, no caffeine, no meat, no dairy, very little bread and I feel MUCH MUCH better.

I think the biggest change though was my mindset about it all and started (and still reading) a LOT about nutrition. I'm not perfect, on occasion I eat something I shouldn't, but now I don't use it as an exuse to blow the rest of the day off and say "I'll start again tomorrow". I was SO bad about that.

I'm also much more active now not living such a sedentary lifestyle. MUCH less TV/internet time and doing more gym and activity time. Yoga every day, hitting the gym, riding my bike. On Friday when it was nice out I went out for a 90 minute fast walk. I can't wait for the nice weather to come so I can do that every day!

For the first time in many, many years I have every confidence I will hit my goal.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote