Thread: Tipping
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #29
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I was having a conversation with a co-worker that used to work as a waitress. She said it is rude not to tip. I commented that I only feel inclined to tip, if the service was above exceptional. I thought that was the point of a tip, to give for exceedingly great service. Otherwise, they are just doing their job as agreed by the restaurant. I compared it to my job. If I come in and do just well enough, I don't expect a bonus so why should a waiter/waitress? Thoughts.

-Alex
Do you not tip delivery drives who bring you pizza? They live off of tips- like waitresses do. I went to one house once that was at least $300k and I got a tip of LESS than $1...

Waiters/waitresses make less than minimum wage and need those tips to survive. The ONLY time I've ever not left a tip was when I had a waiter that was overly rude, inconsiderate and whose service was worse than horrible- to the point of arguing with us about what we said we wanted. And that time- I wrote a note on the receipt so the manager would know why I left a $0 tip on a $150 meal (6 people).
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote