View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #150
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
My friend, who competes in physique competitions indulges in a burger here and there and his physicals and blood tests always comes back spotless. He says the same about his friends that also compete. So clearly the people that built their careers on healthcare know less than people that watch a few youtube videos and think the sky is falling.

I have a DVD at home that I got as a promo item from GNC a while back with a lot of the widely recognized body builders interviewing. When asked "what types of foods should you eat" all of them agree that meat, even red meat are good for nutrition. But again, what can they know, it's their profession to be healthy. The Internet is smarter lol.

-Alex
You're comparing a bodybuilder who highly more active than most people spending hours in a gym every week who by your own admission indulges on occasion to the general mass public. It's ridiculous. A bodybuilders diet is for people who body build tearing down a mass amount of muscle requiring more protein to rebuild the muscles. That type of diet does not apply to general public. If normal people ate the amount of heavy acidic protein that bodybuilders do they would be very sick and lethargic much like how the general masses are generally overweight from poor eating habits in excess and low levels of activity.

People who regularly consume meat, especially red meats have considerable more amount of acid in their systems in order to break that meat down in their systems. Now does that mean you can't eat meat at all? Of course not, it's just a personal choice of mine. You can eat almost anything within moderation but that doesn't mean it's good for you. I like eating meat just as you do, but the proof is in my results with great weight reduction, lowering blood pressure and chloresterol levels.

Being that highly acid greatly from eating large amounts of meat throws off PH balance in the body because it's very taxing on the digestive system. My information comes straight from a nutritionist, my doctor, reading books and my own blood test results.

As I said in reference to GTOPhil in another thread, you have to take what information you get online with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence with research. After than all you can do is put it to work to achieve your own results to see what works for you.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote