View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
And no offense to parents on here, but some of these kids are real shitheads and apparently their parents don't get on to them at all. Cause I haven't pissed off a parent yet while coaching or "yelling" at their kid. Hell, most of the time when I've felt I shouldn't have been so loud or yelled I'd go and apologize to the parent and they would say "oh no, you say whatever you need to, he doesn't listen to me" WTF?? lol
Yes, it's true some kids are a serious pain in the ass. Some kids you can get away with yelling, others not so much. My little 5 year old girl is so sweet you just look upset with her and she will start to cry. So yelling at her isn't necessary. As a parent, I wouldn't allow my kids to play for a coach with a yelling and screaming style. Especially some of those coaches I have seen who scream profanities at the kids. If some coach tried that shit with my kid he'd be quickly finding out the nutritional value of his teeth.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Parents are scared to be a parent to their kid nowadays to avoid them "rebeling" or shying off. Which by doing exactly what they are doing, causes that to happen. That's the part that would be hard for me to coach is if a kid is being a little prick, and I get on to him, his parents turn it around on me, which would not end well for them.
LOL, you have no clue what you are talking about. You have no experience as a parent to draw any conclusions like that. People without kids telling other people with kids how to parent absolutely crack me up.

And what exactly would you do if a parent turned on you? That attitude is playing with fire in a big way. It's not your place to parent someone else's kid. If you're a coach and the kid is being a shit, you sit them out and they don't play. That's the extent of your involvement with it. You trying to turn on me and saying it wouldn't end well would be a big mistake on your part. Never attempt to get between a parent and their kid, it's not your place and the parent will always protect right or wrong in the situation.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote