View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #25
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Ok this is going a nice long response so just stay with me.

As for your friends that ended up being fuck ups, good for them. My best friend growing up had parents that partied with us every weekend. Hell even smoked pot with us. Now he makes about 200k a year has a hot wife that makes over a 100k a year. Lives in DC and has a huge uptown apartment in Dallas he rents out and a 200k house in Richardson he rents out. Sounds like parents that were friends with their kid wasn't the problem here. I actually know more kids that their parents were real strict on them that are fuck ups. But hey your experiences are the only ones that count. Sometimes it doesn't matter what type of parents you have, a fuck up is going to be a fuck up no matter what.

As for yelling at kids on a baseball team. Well I guess I do yell from time to time but that is because I'm on the other side of the field and that is the only way they will hear me. As for making them run laps, yes if you don't behave get your little ass running. Now if the kid is standing right in front of you and you are yelling at him, you are in the wrong and shouldn't do that. As a parent I would have a huge problem with you yelling in my kids face and it would only happen once. I can promise you it would not be me with the problem.

To sit back with no children and tell people with kids how to raise them, is a joke. You have no idea what its like. I can also tell you as a parent your not going to let some jackass scream in their face. Raising kids is not easy, it is the hardest thing you can possibly do but one of the most rewarding things you can possibly do. Once you have kids you will realize there is a fine line on being a parent and being a friend. You have to be both, not just one or the other.

Lastly stop with the name calling, it will get you no where.
Not friends, it was my family. Big difference when you grow up with both of them and then just watch them destroy themselves because their parents, my aunt mainly, didn't want to me a parent and discipline them when they deserved it.

I don't think you understood what I meant by being friends instead of parents. I'm talking about being a parent when they need to be a parent. Reprimanding and punishing when it needs to be done, not just saying "oh it's okay" or something and letting the kid skate by with it. Like BERT said a few posts above, "Hell, most of the time when I've felt I shouldn't have been so loud or yelled I'd go and apologize to the parent and they would say 'oh no, you say whatever you need to, he doesn't listen to me'..." If you never get on to a kid for doing something you don't want them to do, then odds are they won't listen to you later on. That's what I was trying to say by my statements.

And again, nowhere was I specifically stating to people how to raise their kids. I'm speaking from what I've been taught, and witnessed. I know that once I have kids, it will be a whole new ball game, but I plan to raise them the exact same way I was raised.

Sorry about the name calling.

However, I find it funny as hell how this comment, "But hey your experiences are the only ones that count." is said in this instance, and I know you are saying it sarcastically, when that same comment is thrown around in all the other discussion/arguments that go on around here that everyone else "experiences" count more than othersa because they say so. Hypocritical much?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote