View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #23
PCB

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I hate to tell you this brother, but I'm siding with the other guy.

He listed these as "used" which according to eBay means it may have cosmetic wear but is fully operational. By your pictures, this is the case.

It does look like he could have been more upfront on the wheel condition when he posted them. Indicating there was "one scratch" is not true. But eBay gives him a choice of five condition descriptions, and I think he picked the appropriate one. You tell me:

If you were dissatisfied with the items he sold you, that's fine, but he is only responsible AT MOST for a return of the item. Why would he also then be responsible for the unrelated costs of your tires or to pay to have them refinished?

I think you had a case for a return right up until you had the wheels refinished. At that point, you have modified the item, and he no longer has any obligation to meet your satisfaction with its condition.

Picture this. I buy a car in a barn because some farmer says he has "a nice old car" out there. I have it towed to my house but I'm pissed about its condition when it shows up. So I restore it, then a year later I go back to the farmer and tell him I paid too much for the car and now he owes me for half the cost of restoration. That farmer is going to tell me to pound sand, and I'd be lucky if I don't also get buckshot in my ass.

I understand you are pissed off, and why you're pissed, but caveat emptor dude. You thought you were saving hundreds of dollars on a perfect set of Forgestars but what you really got was a set of used wheels at market price. He offered $200, I think that is more than fair.

This is the listing, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forgestar-F1...p2047675.l2557
I understand your point of view, and I respect that. He did list the item as Used however per eBay policy if these were refurbished, or refinished he had to declare that. I even asked him in an email before me purchasing if there was any other damage besides what is stated and pictured and he said no.

Now when you look at the auction, you see a gently used set of F14's with one blemish. I was fine with that and the price.

At the end of the day I got a set of "10 footer" wheels. Up close the clear was cracked and chipped. Runs in the refinish work as well. From 10' away they look great. Now i know you don't know me from any other guy however if I did an auction for these wheels, I would have had indepth pictures and stated in the auction the blemishes as well as obvious needing to be redone.

I guess what I am trying to say is, he knew the condition of these wheels and he manipulated the auction and pictures to get them sold at a price where refinishing wouldn't be needed. I feel like I was sold a set of used F14's and got something very different from what his auction and pictures showed. Another problem with his pictures is on his twitter from I believe 3 years ago, he has that same picture. Leads me to believe those pictures aren't an accurate representation of the wheels today.

Last edited by PCB; 02-21-2014 at 11:20 AM.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote