View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Dan12GT

Default Dyno Numbers Question

I learned a bit more about dynos yesterday; there are a few different types. I didn't realize there were even different types of Dynojets (STD/SAE). Anyway one thing I didn't expect to see was the same horse power number as I had in the past. Here is some history: My wife bought me a dyno session with HPP back in February (pretty sure it was colder then). The car was bone stock, still had temp tags It put down 382/359. Pretty reasonable. This was on a STD dyno. So yesterday I dyno with an added Air Raid intake and full Borla S-Type Catback. I dynoed 382/387 yesterday. I picked up a significant amount of torque but I thought it was odd my horsepower remained exactly the same. Now I know several other things factor into this like altitude, air temp, etc and it was on a different dyno. I just thought it was odd the HP didn't move at all, up or down. I expected a little bit more considering what I have done so far. I know I hardly have anything done for performance but this just kinda threw me.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote