Thread: z/28 review. .
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #101
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
First time out, I was quicker than my buddies 1LE.

I've driven his car. Stock vs stock, his was more composed, but my car is waaaaaay better than stock. In fact, neither one of us is anywhere close to stock suspension. Both cars are daily drivers first and foremost. I haven't driven his since he's done coilovers, poly subframe bushings, and we both are upgrading brakes significantly. I know who's winning this friendly arms war, the parts suppliers. We both are completely comfortable with our choices. Pony cars are not God's gift to the track, but holy hell is it fun to the hp and torque fly. In any case, its all-American muscle and more brute force and V-8 exhaust note than high dollar refinement. I can respect that. I wish the Dodges would play too, but they are just too damn heavy.

Our next event is Apr 12-13 on the 3.1 @ Cresson. Game on!!!
One of these days I'm going to make it to an ECR open track day. When I do, I'll drag my roommate and his SS along too. Would love to sync up with some people here to see what we got on the track.

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Same here, but that's my biggest gripe against the 1LE . It took Chevy 3 yrs to play ball with Ford.
Truth. Chevy was riding the looks and straight line performance for a while before the road course/auto-x guys wanted more. I am a fan of speed, not brand which is why I love most things that are fast. To people who can't get over brand loyalty, enjoy being second place.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote