Thread: Ufc 153
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Bring it Steve! That's your invite. Now discuss!

Bonnar needs to go out swinging and bloody or not show up at all. I like the hell outta Bonnar and just want him to keep his legacy intact. Silva shouldn't have a problem. But I look forward to these kinds of matches for the "what if's". I'm hoping for 3 rounds. Word is; Griffin asked Bonnar to seek revenge and is placing all bets on him to win and will split the winnings. Not a solid bet considering Bonnar hasn't beat a top 10 in his career I don't think. Makes it interesting if true. Not to mention Bonnar's wife is expecting any day! Hell of a thing to be in Rio and get that call! Oddly enough.....so did Griffin...in Rio? Wild.

Looking forward to Silva/Fitch to see what else this kids got too.
Awesome! I love these Gtgs.

Bonnar can take a beating, the problem is Silva is very capable of dealing out a serious one. Silva's weakness is his wrestling, it's horrible. Bonnar is MUCH bigger than Silva and should utilize his superior wrestling to keep Silva on his back.

Both men are BJJ black belts, but Bonnar has the superior skill and pedigree/lineage. Bonnar has never been KO'd or submitted in the UFC either.

I'm probably the only person picking this fight going to decision with Silva taking the win. I think Bonnar will give him a better fight than most people think.

Originally Posted by jarheadtex View Post
I like Bonner he is a warrior, but I don't see Silva having any problems with him. I am hoping for the upset..but damn, I don't know if anyone is going to beat this guy. I would like to see him and GSP in the same class.
Silva isn't unbeatable. It's just going to take someone with strong wrestling and ground control to get the GNP TKO win.Sonnen almost had the job done, but he got careless when he got tired. And ANYONE can be KO'd on any given night, Serra vs GSP proved that and that was the biggest fluke win EVER. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote