View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Funny you ask, http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=454

been a nightmare and $300 to get this mess fixed.

see link above,

OEM parts have their fair share of problems too, as ive never seen a car with 7k miles(my own)throw an 02 so early with simlpe bolt ons. Given the conditions of my situation i understand the cause, but upon purchase of another OEM replacement 02, it was faulty.

From this experience ive began to think its not the absence of cats causing the problem, but the placement of the 02's with LT's being further downstream. My issue was post cat so regardless of if cats were installed, i doubt it would have changed the issue.

Some food for thought for those of you lowered with longtubes, How close is your front 02 bungs to the ground? Connector placement?

Now compare to stock placement and connections. May be a reason for that?

Also i wanted to mention, my 11 SG car had an O/R pipe and stock headers tune and bolted @ 800 miles, never had one issue with the front 02's in 20K miles.
I actually talked with my Ford guy this morning to get an O2 shipped. I asked if anything "funny" had been going on with O2's that he knew of. He said no. But then, for the first time, his system asked if the build date was (i think April 2010) or beyond. He said this was new. Perhaps something is developing and we just don't know what....yet.

From this experience ive began to think its not the absence of cats causing the problem, but the placement of the 02's with LT's being further downstream.
Placement is a factor.

Also i wanted to mention, my 11 SG car had an O/R pipe and stock headers tune and bolted @ 800 miles, never had one issue with the front 02's in 20K miles.
Same or different brand?

*Sorry...can't delete my double post.

Last edited by TrueStreetTim; 10-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote