Thread: 2015 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #147
El_Tortuga

[QUOTE=re-rx7;73995]Like I said you would be surprised. A mustang is faster around a track then my car but it got thumped. How is this possible. Track tells all apparently. QUOTE]

Pretty much, but I'm fairly sure that a significant factor is the squishy bit between the steering wheel and the driver's seat. Judging from the internet banter, I'm sure you are Senna incarnated.

First track event and I'm faster than a 911 GT3/RS = ego stroke.
I'm also slower than a damned Nissan Sentra (very well track prepped but cornering on 3 wheels) = reality check. Guess that makes me a work in progress.

I'm running the 3.1 @ Cresson with PCA bunch on 1st weekend of september. Even a relative noob like myself can recognize its greatness. Its got a tight, twisty section with significant elevation changes (1.3) where its all about handling and a flatter/straighter section (1.7) where power plays a little more.

Even the 1.7 course has some pretty significant testing of your attachments size. I find the ricochet corner to be pretty intimidating, but a huge thrill when you get it right.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote