View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #131
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Then Vortech/Paxton may be the kit for you. It's hands down the cheaper of the kits. But there is a reason for that of course.

Paxtons advertised hp numbers are typically at the crank and you pay extra for a proper CAI to gain an additional 20-30hp (example http://tiny.cc/1d0knw). Their intercooler is less efficient than Procharger as well. By roughly the 3rd pass, Charger to Paxton, the charger will be consistently quicker back-to-back. Paxtons brackets etc. are simple by design but difficult to install. Both manufacturers offer standard warranties but as far as upgraded warranties go....Procharger's warranty options are sick!

In the end, it all comes down to your interests (what you can & can't live with) goals, and ultimately....your budget.

I can't open that thread. Which blower is it?
Well, I'm open to the Procharger which is why I asked for the price. I'm just not interested in the P1SC headunit though just the D1 like on David's car. I looked at David's car and it looks and sounds good.

The blower Danny is referring to is the Paxton 2200. It's making over 1000rw on Beefcake's street car. It's an excellent option as a base bolt on blower that gives lots of room to grow.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote