View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
brtnstrns

Default Newbie with a 5.0 stroker

Whats up everyone. I'm a member on a multitude of other mustang forums but just got invited to this one as well! I'm in Lewisville and today just picked up a 2003 Mach 1 fully forged 5.0 stroker. Dyno sheet shows its making about 411 HP N/A on race gas. The car is more set up for drag racing but over time I'll be pulling on the SRA and QA1 front suspension and replacing it with a Cobra IRS that I'm building along with a full MM setup up front. This is what I picked up today:

Tomorrow morning I'll be removing the billet grille and putting in the Mach 1 delete and then swapping my wheels from my current 1999 GT:

I was going to build the car shown above but decided I'd save a ton of cash getting a car that already has a lot of the modifications already done to it. Plus the Mach 1 has 48k miles whereas the GT has 128k miles on it. If I could, I would swap the GT suspension set up over to get the same stance on the Mach 1, but with the tubular front end on the Mach, can't reuse my H&R SSs.

So anyway, thats my current situation and I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you guys at some future GTGs.

-Barton
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote