View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Only thing I have to add, is that you do not have to wait 20 minutes to try to reload the tune. Waiting 20 minutes doesn't guarantee that reloading the tune will work if you have everything turned off.

Quickest solution is to plug the battery into a trickle charger/jumper pack/or jump cables hooked to another car. You can reload the tune immediately. You don't have to wait the "20 min". You don't have to call a tow truck. You just need power. Resetting the KAM usually takes a couple of seconds if you do it right. You do have to disconnect the battery. Pumping the brakes and turning on and off the lights helps. The power the PCM stores goes to the lights. After you pump the brakes a few times you can reconnect the power. Hook it up to a power source and reload the tune. It will work every time.

Main thing is, if you want to load a tune to your car, if you don't hook it up to a power source there is a good possibility you can brick it. I use my jumper pack. Every time I've had it hooked up it's loaded with no problems.
Thanks for the suggestion, Josh.

I listed the 20 mins just as a safe bet that the system would be completely drained.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote