View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
El_Tortuga

Welcome. Post pics!

Advice is worth what you pay for it, but here goes:

Love my Recaros, but if I hadn't ordered the car with them, the open market cost seems prohibitive vs a good aftermarket seat. Build plan is up to you, but be honest about where you are heading. I'm a combo daily driver and weekend toy so my suspension setup is mild and drivetrain is bone stock / dead nuts reliable. I've gone the street tire route for autocross classing so its a decent match with mild spring and shock combo which are good match for daily driving. My Rivals are on pace to go about 1-1/2 yrs which for me will be about 15-20 autocross and maybe 10 track events (app 15 track days). As much as I'd like to think I'm Moss, Fangio, and Fireball Roberts reincarnated, its really about developing the driving skill. I.e. getting the most seat time, and developing from that. Tires are the main consumable, so its pointless for me to buy R-spec tires when my skills are more modest.

Enjoy the ride!!!
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote