View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #83
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I think the point others were trying to make is it might have been a mechanical issue or a tune issue. I will stand behind Mike Wilson's tuning any day of the week. But you could have had a mechanical issue, the only reason I would think that is you said it got worse the lower the gas tank got. That wouldn't be in the tune that would be mechanical.
The car did suffer from a faulty O2 that was loading the car up with fuel. But around that time, Jeff was not on board with the planning it would take for commuting, attending events, and the spontaneous trips from one location to the other that E85 requires. Therefore; we moved on to the nitrous part of the build which is where we are now. And for the record; we wanted to see what the car was capable of at the time and switched to the stock wheels. Why.....because other builds reporting 500wp were also on stock wheels.

To the OP:

You pretty much know the answer to your question by now as far as what is required. As for expectations be it yourself or others, E85 on a stock/bolt-on Coyote is as feasible as you want to make it. If you can run it without commuting worries, or frustrate you in any way, great! But a rough 33% loss in an already tiny tank poses problems for many. As for power; It is percentage based but with no real mathematical certainty. In our experience, the stock heads are well designed and their flow rate is near maxed during the tuning process....which limits the amount of timing the car can see. E85 alone can't change that fact. So IMO, if your staying bolt-on and want to squeeze every HP out that you can, or you simply want a safety modifier, then E85 is for you. For straight power gains I'd seek something else.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote