View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
Crimson600+HP

I'm not saying throwing him in jail or something for being a racist, that is completely fine with his 2nd Ammendment rights. But I do think the NBA has the right to dissasociate themsevles (ban for life from attending, not necessarily forcing him to sell something he owns) from an owner who has racist views to a minority which happens to make up the larger portion of the NBA. The NBA is a money making business and when something threatens that profit (IE players not playing in games like they were going to according to the players association), you cut your ties. Shit, that is why all the sponsors of the Clippers cut loose until Sterling was removed.

He has the right to be racist in his house or where ever, just somewhere else and not this club. If I was running the NBA, I would have done the same. But I would also be prepared for years of litigation which would ultimately favor Sterling making a huge profit in the end. Unless he croaks.

This will be an interesting story to read once it is fully resolved though.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote