View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Definitely understand. I think the people that make those comments forget that for every modified Mustang, there are like 300 stock ones lol.

-Alex
While that might be true when talking about driving around with the general public but when you attend shows, meets and gtgs with other enthusiasts there are certain wheel choices and a look that are very common among the performance crowd.

I know I'm abit of a wheel snob and make jokes quite often about it but I don't hate the common wheel selections as much as I joke about it, I'm just not crazy about the "murdered out" look.I think the silver Drifts/RTRs etc look great on some cars! Black wheels done well, with the right accents can look really good. It just drives me crazy about some cars with all black wheels photograph. The wheel is solid black, the tire is black and the fenderwell all seem to blend together and it looks like a big void.

Don't be afraid to think out of the box either. Look at Merlin's car as an example. A few years ago you would only see bronze on imports. But with his wheel selection and accents the bronze looks amazing on his car!

What it comes down to you have to do what YOU like and can afford. You're the one who has to dish out the money, has to look at it everyday and clean it.

Good luck in your search!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote