View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
You can't be serious on cost. So your telling me he is going to get a k member, headers, fuel system, motor, computer, wiring harness, tune and tranny for under 5k. You can't do that swap in a fox without the above, so lets see how you make that math work.
Re-read what I said. Drivetrains. Yes, you can get motors/trans for 5k or less now. Any "swap" is going to have additional costs.

It's just my opinion, I think the Terminator swap is badass. It's worth the cost and when it's done right the Modfox's are amazing cars. There are several of them on SVTP putting down over 650rw to the tires, running well into the 9's all the while still getting great mileage and FAR beyond street manners any Windsor could ever hope for with it's superior ease of tuning.

That 93 Cobra with the swap that Kevin just tuned was a perfect example of what a well done swap car can be. Almost 700rw with over 580tq on E85. Drives like stock until your foot is in it then it's a monster.

I love the Windsors too. Strokd's 408 YSi combo was a fast car for it's day and I had a ton of fun in that car too. But it's street manners were more race car like and I personally prefer the modern tech and drivability to almost a race car on the street.

It's the same with his Dad's vert. 302 stroker with a YSi that makes around the same power as the swapped 93 Cobra car. But it's got a block, FAST, fuel system, YSi blower etc and it's unreliable as fuck. Just as expensive if not more than the 93.

Swapping to a Coyote motor could be an option too. Basic bolt ons would yield great power, factory reliability in a N/A form. Later down the road could be boosted too when funds allow.

I just don't see the point of sticking a weezy under powered 302 that will struggle to make decent power and have crap drivability. With all the great modern drivetrain options why not go with something that will drive better, get better mileage, make power and have a bunch of tuning options for?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote