Thread: DFW tuners
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
downtime!

I disagree with your last sentence. I was a good customer to a very well known shop in the area and when it became clear that they could not tune my car in the manner they said they could, I was "put on hold", ignored, and generally made to go somewhere else, all without them actually saying anything like that, so it would appear to be my decision to leave. I really don't think I asked too much either. Simply put, I wanted a supercharged car that would make in the mid 600's and drive like a stocker. I ended up with a car that made the hp, and ran awesome at the track, but was an absolute disaster on the street. Erratic idle, dying at red lights, cruise rpm at steady state driving would fluctuate up and down all over the place. The shop never admitted blame, and basically quit returning my calls.

After several months and multiple trips to the shop, to "get it right this time", I ended up back at the old standby shop, where I should have gone in the first place. He took good care of me, had the car for a couple of weeks, replaced a lot of parts that I suspected shouldn't have been used in the first place, and returned to me an awesome running and driving car.

It doesn't matter how much you spend on things, and it doesn't matter what the shops reputation is, if they realize they can't deliver what they promised, they will find a way to edge you out the door. Best to find a shop that you like, and trust, and develop a relationship with them. Don't go simply by reputation.