View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Crimson600+HP

Like many have said, the most important thing you need to do to your car is a good DOT4 brake fluid (heck, I ran some off brand DOT4 from the autoparts store and it worked). If this is your first time, most likely you will not cook the brake fluid unless your instructor really pushes you to go to the limit of the brakes (I do Drivers Edge events too). Motul and ATE make great fluid and you can't go wrong with either one.

As far as the stock pads on a Brembo car, I burnt through them after 7000 miles, one DE event, and a one day Harris Hill event. Right now I am running Hawk HPS+ Pads (their track/autocross pads). They have great initial bite and work well, but they will probably wear out quite quick too. If you can float the money, I know Carbotech is the brand that most recommend and they have a ton of options too. I will probably go those next as the Hawks are noisy daily driving, but I can't complain, I got the Hawks free.

If HDPE is your thing, think about switching out to a braided stainless steel line in the future. Good things to bring with you also, your Ford Tire Inflation system, a good air temp gauge, and a torque wrench to check your lug nuts. Watch out, this gets expensive (tires, fluids, brake pads) and it is very addicting. My stock tires didn't even last 10K miles because I have done 4 of these events in 6 months.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 12-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote