View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #52
fordplay

But stroked what you are leaving out is the cost for the pos dd.. I traded in my svt focus for my Mustang and my insurance went down.. you say we'll it saved me $250 a month in gas.. well no.. I drive 30 miles one way. That's a tank a week at $50.00 the focus was $30 a week. That's $80 a month.. Tires on the mustang cost me $600 a set.. The focus were $500 . I was and am getting 2 years out of a set that's $5.16 a month.. mustang oil change is $39.00 every 5 months.. The focus was $19.99 every 3 months so that's $1.30 roughly savings for a focus.. I don't have exact numbers on my insurance but I can look them up if needed. . Both are manuals, clutch replacement is a wash.. I'm damaging the paint on which ever I drive. And with 5,000 mustangs sold every day I'm not deluding myself that it's a classic.. so a total of $86.46 left over as a car payment for a dd.. go over that and you are losing money.. we can get more scientific and go into the rates at which both cars devalue, etc... but even if you say that's ok I paid cash.. ok then estimate how much that cash would have earned you over 5 years in interest and subtract that from the total savings.. then put a price on how much you hate driving a 87 civic vs your mustang every day. .. now some cases... let's say you have a 1,200 hp mustang with a drag chute.. we'll yeah. Ok.. or but jeff I live in Minnesota, ok 9 months out of the year you need a 4x4.. If you just want another car to drive ok fine but just say that.
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote