View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
JDMLOL

I've had pretty good luck with after market hid kits. I usually do the relay harness so that it draws from the battery (ballast start up draws more than halogen and I feel more comfortable with a fused relay harness). The harness also resolves most flickering issues especially with cars that have their lowbeams that run at a percentage of full power as drl's, but fogs shouldn't be an issue. You can get 3000k that are supposedly golden yellow but I have never ran that temp. I have only done 4300k and 8000k (when I was a high school kid and only cared about looks instead of light output, lol). Go to ddm tuning they have cheap kits that offer a lifetime warranty. Some people say they're shit because they are made overseas (then again what isn't these days?) and they assume the cheap price automatically means low quality. I've had several ddm kits and friends with them and we never had any issues.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote