View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Are you talking about tinting the fog lights in the grill? I assume so since tinting the lens of the tiny projector would be difficult.

If you are going to use the fog lights in actual fog, get some 3000K HIDs, reputable brand/company, and then you can convert the grill lights to additional driving lights oir delete them all together.

HIDs aren't that bad of an install. Can easily be done in about 45 minutes taking your time.
I am talking about possibly tinting the foglights that are integrated into the GTCS fascia. I do not plan to keep the stock foglights in place and will just get an aftermarket grill in place of those.

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I've had pretty good luck with after market hid kits. I usually do the relay harness so that it draws from the battery (ballast start up draws more than halogen and I feel more comfortable with a fused relay harness). The harness also resolves most flickering issues especially with cars that have their lowbeams that run at a percentage of full power as drl's, but fogs shouldn't be an issue. You can get 3000k that are supposedly golden yellow but I have never ran that temp. I have only done 4300k and 8000k (when I was a high school kid and only cared about looks instead of light output, lol). Go to ddm tuning they have cheap kits that offer a lifetime warranty. Some people say they're shit because they are made overseas (then again what isn't these days?) and they assume the cheap price automatically means low quality. I've had several ddm kits and friends with them and we never had any issues.
Thanks. What's "ddm?" I prefer yellow as the color for fogs as it provides (to me) the best contrast to the high beam... and just look cool to me lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote