View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I'm sort of confused... If you're talking about tinting projector fogs like the ones pictured below I don't think it's possible (maybe I'm wrong) unless you go with 3000k HID's or aftermarket projectors that may have a yellow lens.

DDMtuning.com is the site. Like I said, they have mixed reviews but I have had good luck with them but Derek has had different results. I don't know of any other brands that are "Reputable" per se because technically retrofitting HID's in housings designed for halogen bulbs is illegal. Most of the companies are from overseas so it would be best to just look for reviews on forums. I don't think Philips or Osram/Sylvania makes kits (which would be ideal since they are the leaders in HID lighting and are used as OE on most vehicles) although I think some companies make kits and slap their name on the box.
www.TheRetrofitSource.com is by far the most reputable company out there that has PNP HID components. But they are no where near as cheap as DDM (around $200-$250 for ballasts and bulbs, but they are worth it). StandMods and another site I can't remember are also good.

Also, when you say retrofitting, you mean just "plug 'n play". Retrofitting is cutting up a pair of headlights and putting a projector housing in place of the reflector bowl.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote