View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
What's the arrival of power difference between a TVS and Paxton?
The TVS is nearly an instant hit into boost. As long as you have the basic suspension and a good tire on the car it will hold fairly well once you get the hang of it.

A Paxton will make peak boost at the top of your RPM powerband. It's not as a strong hit as a roots style blower, but rather a more linear pull much like a turbo car does. You won't have the issues of just blowing the tires off as much as a TVS car does. A Paxton would be a more forgiving street car, but you will find yourself playing catch up against roots style cars chasing them down.

The VMP kit is abit of an overkill for a stockblocked car, but it has more room to grow than the standard Roush kit and won't heatsoak nearly as much.

As I said earlier, you can buy a Paxton for $4615 as the base kit with ID1000's. But you will still need a new tank cuz the Paxton one is a POS, spark plugs, BAP and a JLT intake and a slim fan.

$4615
jlt intake is $169
standard bap is $259
programmable or roush plug and play is $409

plugs are either kit, you should do $85.

moroso tanks are around $269 I believe

That there is $5397 not including the slim fan.

The VMP kit is $5500 right now with everything included. So the kits are very close together in price, you just have to figure out what works best for you.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote