View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Beauty of the car hobby is I can build the car up to what I want it to be, so it's not a standard run of the mill 5.0 anymore. That's the whole point of customzing, at least in my eyes. Now if I had a stock 5.0, kept it stock, then I could see that making sense.

When my truck was totaled, it hurt me to see it gone. Yeah, it was just a v6 F150, but it was still a truck that I worked on, enjoyed, made my own, and made many memories in. It's about making it your own.

Look at how many cars Jay Leno has. He doesn't sell off, just buys more because each one has a story or connection with it. That's how I feel.
I disagree. Simply because you could easily find another car like yours and modify it the same way. It's not like you have done anything crazy or exotic that can't be easily replicated.

I've had several people ask me how I could sell my 5.0 just like you did. That's the same thing I told them. Sure, it's a nice car but it isn't something that I couldn't easily do again.

My V will be the same way. It will be big power, nice wheels, stance blah blah blah. It will be fast, fun to drive and super clean just like the rest of my toys. I will enjoy it for awhile and move on to the next thing. It's a "limited edition" special car, record holding around the Ring blah blah blah and all that noise. When I'm done with it, I'll move on to the next toy which will be even more fun. It will most likely be a ZR1 after this car. But the V is something I could replace too. Not a big deal.

I can't wait to run some 9's with a four door with two babyseats in the back! lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote