View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #192
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Steve I am curious as to what you may have also learned about poultry meats. I love cooking with chicken breasts and turkey. Baked or grilled.

-Alex
What I have learned about the meat industry so far is quite a bit actually. The regular store bought meats (both red and poultry) that you buy from the mass producers isn't as healthy as we once thought.

Red meats - ALL ground meats are washed with ammonia. (Yes, AMMONIA. The same shit that is used in windshield wiper fluids and PineSol!!)

Small steak cutlets are put back together with meat glues. It's a toxic glue but is within federal regulations once it's cooked, but still..glue..in your food. Gross.

Both sides red meat and poultry are ALL fed corn based diets to make the animals extra fat therefor increasing the fat content of all meats.

Poultry - Chickens specifically are highly engineered to keep up with demands. They go from chicks to fully grown in about 7 weeks fed heavily based corn grain and injected with hormones to increase their breast sizes. They get so big, so fast that they are unable to walk due to their bone structures not being able to support the sped up growth.

All of this stuff is passed to you as you eat it.

Find yourself a Whole Foods or Sprouts etc to find organic farm raised meats. You want to eat animals that were fed properly themselves on foods they were meant to eat (grass, proper grains/seeds etc) and not corn fed.

Poultry isn't quite as dense as red meat therefor your body doesn't need to create as much acid to break it down. You want to eat a portion about the size of your palm. Anything more than that will go to fat storage created by high acid levels trying to break down the excess. Your body knows what it can handle and what it can't. Once it's reached it digestion limit, it starts storing it.

It's important to prepare and cook chicken properly too. Completely trim it of all skin and fats. Use as little oil as possible. Preferrably EVOO or coconut oil.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote