View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Ford is considered the inferior engine and they put down more hp per cubic inch. The only reason your car is faster then a mustang with same power is weight and aero. That simple. Case in point the new camaro with same engine is slow as balls.

5.0's with cams and boltons are appraoching 500 wheel if not more. The Trinity makes more hp then the SC 6.2 and a smaller engine. Yea superior my ass.
In my opinion, the whole argument is null and void when it comes to modified vehicles. The only fair way to compare cars is in stock form, which most of us don't leave our cars stock.

You can make your point saying that the 5.0 is the better engine saying it's more efficient making more power vs displacement and you might be right with your opinion but it's doesn't change the fact that a 600rw Stang is going to get beat by 500rw Vette.

Bench or calculator racing doesn't always work. With comparable cars you can ballpark it I guess, but it's far from accurate.

As far as the street scene goes and racing, a 5.0 has to overcome a lot to make up for the weight and gearing difference of the Vette putting it at a serious disadvantage.

These Coyotes can be very fast, but in order to do so an owner has to be willing to throw quite of money at it in order to be competitive with everything in the parking lot at a meet. Otherwise it's best to stick to racing stuff like Camaros, Challengers and a few imports.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote